The Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA) is a converged solution that offers complete backup, replication, recovery, deduplication, instant access and restore—plus, cloud extensibility with disaster recovery and long-term retention to the cloud—all in a single appliance—for 10X faster deployment and a lower cost-to-protect than other solutions. IDPA combines Dell EMC Avamar, Data Domain, Data Protection Advisor, and Data Protection Search all into one product. This converged solution is easy to manage ensuring successful backups, restores, and offsite replication. Let’s break down some of the features and benefits of the product.
Benefits of Appliance:
Simple and easy to manage – Unlike most products, the Dell EMC IDPA leverages a unified HTML 5 interface across all aspects of the solution. What does this mean? You no longer have to manage multiple interfaces, increasing productivity and driving out complexity.
- Dashboards are customizable – use the preconfigured widgets or customize them to your liking.
- Exception resolutions – IDPA will identify errors and suggest a quick resolution.
- Policy Management –Set policies such as what you want to backup, when you want to back it up, and how long you want to save the backups.
- Reporting – leverage the data protection hypervisor to use built-in reports (or customize your own) providing insight to your backup and restores.
Easily able to integrate – Whether you’re using physical, virtual, or a cloud platform, there’s a backup solution in the Dell EMC IDPA. Easily integrate with the data protection appliance regardless of the platform that you’re using. Some of the platforms include:
Performance & Efficiency – powered by 14g PowerEdge servers, Dell EMC IDPA, is highly scalable so you can get significant parallelism through backup streams. Additionally, by leveraging DD Boost technology, we can significantly reduce the required bandwidth over Local Area Networks (LAN), and Wide Area Networks (WAN) so that you get industry-leading deduplication ratios.
Future Proof Loyalty Program Provided – another benefit of the Dell EMC IDPA is enrollment in the loyalty program that covers you for three years after purchasing the product.
- Guaranteed deduplication & investment protection
- Cloud-enabled technology for those looking to move their data to a cloud infrastructure
- Predictable upfront pricing model so that you can easily budget
Sounds great, how do I see the product?
If the IDPA sounds intriguing and you are interested in seeing the functionality for yourself, check out this demo created providing greater detail.